Thursday, September 16, 2010

Billie Piper - Walk Of Life

"Can you be the one who sets my shadow free...?"



Back in the darkest days of the all too prevalent 9-11 postpartum depression, I was in contrary motion, rediscovering my love for pure pop music. Despite the onslaught of America's plethora of various Britnae and Aguilerii, my focus was on the uncharted charts of the rest of the world. Post mp3/Napster period, the encoding of videos were being perfected online. For the first time, I started collecting music videos in digital form. As a result, I was exposed to the rest of the world's music, ever after, since..! Thanks, Internets..


Billie Piper (UK), now largely forgotten as having a pop music career, captivated me with her music video that moved me in that particular moment and time. I was still longing to find someone out there in the wide web world of Earth... And here was a video of a young woman growing out of the first stages of her life, and expressing the want of a mature lifelong relationship to an unnamed someone..Wanting a love that was deeper, based in truth, beyond the fears of the past...a partner to walk hand in hand with together to a better future. I am sure many people would take exception seeing any such depth in a song like this or in the lyrics, but don't all of us infuse our own meanings in the songs we take a liking too? In the less than 10 years it has been since making my own connection with this song, so many lifelong dreams have now come true..and the words of this song resonate even more now..




A n o r a k




I found out that after this last single ever, Billie Piper ended her pop music career and switched full time to acting. She is now more well known for 2 major roles:



The "companion" to the new 21st century incarnation of Dr. Who:



And also as the role of Belle de Jour in the TV series "Secret Diary of a Call Girl"



No comments: