Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Emiliana Torrini - Unemployed In Summertime

"On a mission for my summer kiss.."


Emiliana Torrini reminds me of how this blog is now possible and subsequently reassures me it will be ok..

In this video she appears to be a woman that can cause spatial distortions as she walks the streets of London.. Despite the prospect of losing a job, she blissfully recounts the freedom of just being able to "stay awake till the morning" and "getting drunk on Saturday".. we're young, we don't need money, etc. She moves slowly out from the city and into the country, as the animals draw nearer and she is enveloped into nature.




This melodic Icelandic singer has several songs I already like. The song and music video for "Sunny Road" is particularly more serene.. Here she already lives in the remote country with the animals, and travels deeper in the forest and through the seasons.. to send a message in a bottle back to reality..



I was somewhat suprised to learn by way of wikipedia that she co-wrote an electropop Kylie Minogue single I like. [Kylie Minogue - "Slow"]

No comments: