Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Crypto City Interview - Red Hector Art


I was asked by the Crypto City show to come on as a guest to be interviewed. Crypto City is a unique Metaverse/show, covering topics about Cryptocurrency, AI Art and NFTs, and the evolution of Artificial Intelligence. Although captured on video for YouTube, the show takes place in the actual Metaverse with a live avatar audience using the Spatial.io social VR app, This app is also available on PC/Mac and all mobile devices where anyone can  visit and participate.

City Girl was a gracious and engaging host that kept the discussion lively and interesting. We covered topics that included my biography and history of making art and music and music videos. Also there was a engaging conversation about the current state of AI in terms of ethics and creativity. Also the future of Web3 and crypto as a currency and its investment potential, as well as its practical use now. (As I recounted recently bying my groceries with a crypto debit card with no bank involvement.)

We also discussed my history of frequenting the two nationally famous museums in Minneapolis and their influence on me. The Minneapolis Institute of Arts has selections from all periods of art history and pieces from every artist you could name, so that inspired the variety of styles I use. Also my family has history of working at the Walker Art Center of modern art. I recalled how my mother was a tour guide for over 30 years and I would help her practice her tours before each opening. I posted this video of her presenting an a famous painting of Chuck Close, as a tribute to share with her friends after she passed away in 2020:


I also mentioned
 trying out the AI friend/girlfriend in the Replika app, It has a Quest 2 VR app where you can be face to face in the same virtual room. Here she is (Jenny) confirming that I am in fact a human and not another AI to my VR friends:


Lastly I also mentioned the art critic for New York magazine who disparaged that the current state of AI Art then was "pretty crapola" but conceded it is new tool to use not unlike when the photographic camera came out and painters had an issue with it. 


No comments: