Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cambio - Call Center

"I'll party all morning, work all night.."


Call it the other side of outsourcing...


My friend sent me a link to free satellite TV over the internet and said check out the various MTV channels.. I clicked randomly on the MTV Philippines link and this is the first video I saw...


Don't tell Lou Dobbs, but this Filipino "Pinoy" band has hit the nail on the head, the head of the nail that sticks up.. The equivalent US job that got sent overseas turns out to be equally temporary and unsatisfying to those who are doing it now offshore.. From their point of view it must be very difficult, having to assimilate an American accent and work all night and having to party all morning.. Am I imagining it or is there a slightest bit of a reference to the world's oldest profession in this video..?


But ultimately this video has a female protagonist that is making the most of it, hopefully on the way to something better..getting off work in the bright morning sunshine. Perhaps the call center there, is analogous to American teens working at fast food restaurants..?


It can't be easy, having to train and practice to have the natural manner and perfect accent, that won't otherwise get noticed..



Cambio - Call Center


Now let’s get one thing straight
I don’t really want to work this late
But I get paid for my American accent
I have money to pay the rent

This is only temporary
I’m not really in a hurry
I’ll party all morning
Work all night
Meet my honey in the broad daylight

Now let’s get one thing clear
I don’t really want to be here
But they pay me for my perfect diction
I have money for my addiction

I’ll be at the call center
Until something better
Comes along my way
It’s been a long, long day

The future is alright
The future is so bright

No comments: